Top Turnoffs For Men:
- If a woman states all the things she does not want, instead of listing the things she does want. This makes him feel like he will never be able to you happy.
- He does not want to here the same old things or know all of your accomplishments. He wants to get to know the real you.
Top Turnoffs For Women:
- If a man does not have correct grammar and spelling mistakes on his profile. That catches a girl's eye very quick, but not in a good way!
- If a guy is careless about which photos he posts. Those hat and sunglasses photos probably look nice, but she is going to want to see the full picture of you!
The only thing you need to remember is be as honest as possible! Trust and honesty are key in a relationship. You don't want to start off the relationship by lying!
Resources:
http://www.yourtango.com/experts/jaime-richards/worst-online-dating-profiles-ive-ever-seen
A problem I see with online dating is that people do not have to be honest. People often portray themselves in the most ideal light possible. People say what they know others want to hear. Online dating can be a very inaccurate portrayal of an individual. In person, it is more easy to ready someone and their intentions. Online, someone can virtually recreate themselves. They can even provide false pictures. I agree that the key is honesty. However, I feel that would be very hard to find on a dating platform.
ReplyDeleteI think people just need to be honest and use common sense. Do not upload something that you would not want your mother seeing, and make sure your profile is free from mistakes.
ReplyDeleteI would have someone else read over your profile if you are unsure. A lot of times it is difficult for us to catch our own mistakes.
People will dig themselves in a hole when they are dishonest. A lot of people tell lies on their profiles when they’re on online dating web sites. I know people that are dishonest with things like height, weight, or even how much money they make yearly. If you lie about things right now, what will you do in the future if you started a relationship with someone that caught interest with you? Being honest is definitely key to have a successful relationship.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with the turn offs for guys. It even happens off the internet which is funny to me. I believe there is more popular turn offs for the internet than those two. I would think throwing falsified information would be a huge turn off considering after online dating it should have a lead to meeting the person in person and thus finding if it is all true
ReplyDeleteI belive the people who lie in online dating sites and in bars are people who are not comfortable being who they really are. I can see how online dating would be easier and cheaper for a guy than the bar scene. But guys at a bar are just as likely to tell a girl what she wants to hear as a guy on an online dating site who lies on his profile.
ReplyDeleteThis is funny! And I can definitely agree that the grammar thing would be a huge turnoff for me. I hate how people just can't seem to get themselves together enough to use good subject/verb agreement and correct contractions!
ReplyDeleteI will admit that whenever I meet a girl that I might be interested in, the first thing I always do is look her up on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. I guess I just kind of use it as a way to pre-judge if someone would actually be worth talking to.
ReplyDeleteAnd the whole improper use of grammar does irritate me as well.