Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Obstacles in Finding Love

There are many obstacles when finding love. It seems like some already know how to overcome these obstacles, but the ones who do not can find help through online dating! The top five obstacles when trying to find love are:
1.      Never switching up your routine.
2.      Family/Friends and responsibilities
3.      Religious Beliefs
4.      Being addicted to work.
5.      Living in a small community.
While online dating may be new to some, it is there to try and help you find exactly what you are looking for. The obstacles mentioned above do not really seem like obstacles in the online dating world. How so? Three out of the five obstacles are automatically eliminated when you online date and the other two are all up to you! The questionnaires mentioned below help out a lot when you are trying to find someone who has the religious beliefs you are ok with. The online dating world is so large it helps you find people that live where you live, along with the surrounding cities! Online dating also switches up your daily routine. Having your profile posted online and putting yourself out there is not a typical daily routine for most! The only way to find love is getting out there and being proactive! As to having responsibilities and being addicted to work, may not be able to be solved through online dating but that is something you have to want to change for yourself. Now that you know how to overcome the obstacles, get out there and start online dating!

Resources:
http://www.trcb.com/relationships/love/the-obstacles-that-prevent-people-from-finding-love-33053.htm

4 comments:

  1. I can certainly see the appeal of online dating and how it would be convenient find your own "match" especially when there are sites available that would be the niche you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, online dating is certainly an appropriate remedy to those folks experiencing these obstacles. Once again, at this point in my life I am not a fan of online dating sites, but there are people who desperately need them. If someone is interested in online dating and are serious about it then they should be allowed to do it, regardless of what others think they should be allowed to go along with it. Through persistence I am certain that the online dater can find what they're looking for and what they need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with this post-- I have a somewhat personal experience with online dating. My cousin actually met and married his second wife from match.com and they are happy as can be now! I know that after my cousin divorced his first (achem, PSYCHO) wife, he wanted to get remarried but didn't know where to start, especially since he was 50 years old with 3 sons to take care of. He was experiencing many of the obstacles yall listed above, and more, because of his complex situation with his ex-wife and sons, but by using online dating he was able to find a woman that is super-sweet and supportive not only of my cousin himself but also his sons.
    I think this is a very interesting case, because his first wife, who he met and married through traditional dating, was an absolute nightmare. Then, his second wife, who he met and married through online dating, is a dream wife. It totally goes against what today's society would expect in relationships, but its true! Maybe online dating will one day become "traditional" dating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can agree with this post. I have also think that some of the above reasons could possibly be why people do not use online dating. Case in point people may also be embarresed of what friends or family thinks of them for using an online dating site. I am currently a single so this has made me think that maybe there could be love for me over the web. I found this article interesting.
    I have also met many couples who are happily married, that met over the internet so I feel this becoming more of a norm

    ReplyDelete